Assistance Programs for Cancer Patients
Quick Links to Find…
Support, doctors and treatments:
Help with the cost of medicine:
Insurance & Co-pays:
- American Cancer Society’s Health Insurance Assistance Service (800-ACS-2345): The call center staff have helped some 21,000 people in 36 states with insurance and other financial problems. They often refer people to national organizations such as the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation which helps patients cover the cost of copays for medications to treat certain cancers, or the HealthWell Foundation which helps patients cover their out-of-pocket medical expenses. The American Cancer Society provides great advice here.
- Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities (MAWD). This is a health plan through the department of public welfare that is sometimes an option for individuals diagnosed with cancer or another medical need who do not qualify for regular medical assistance due to income and/or resource, asset limits.
- PA Fair Care Insurance for uninsured adults with pre-existing conditions (cancer).
Location Based Assistance:
- Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Assistance
- Chester County Assistance Research Directory
- THE BEST BOOK FOR RESOURCES IN Chester County
- The Hope Lodge helps cancer patients find lodging for out of town cancer treatments.
- Medical, Dental and Mental Care Facilities/Offices
Age Specific Assistance:
- Pediatric Cancer Assistance
- Need a ride to your cancer treatment? Go here.
Hair & Beauty Assistance:
- For hair and mastectomy products visit the TLC Direct website.
- Look Good… Feel Better programs provide beauty tips, videos and practical advice to look & feel better while fighting cancer.
Senior Citizen & Specific In Home Care:
- Senior services and support programs are provided by Little Brothers.
- Need in home care or support after surgery or during treatments? Relevant Home Care can help!
Food & Meals:
- If you are looking for humor to help with your journey, if you are struggling with issues around your cancer experience, if you are grieving shattered dreams of what might or should have been, if you despair something wonderful will come out of your pain…The Cancer Club offers resources, guidance, healing and hope.
- Other places that offer great support: Cancer Support Community, Health Journeys Guided Imagery
- For support groups, check out the American Cancer Society’s resources.